Sunday, March 1, 2009

Do I hate teaching?

No, I don't. I actually love it.  But I don't like doing it the way I am having to do it at this present time.  At the end of the day, I am so wiped out that it's all I can do just to stay awake when I get home.  

And I don't even really get to teach the way I want to.  I guess I am old fashioned in the ways of training, although I am very progressive when it comes to performance.  If I could have a daily lesson with Jackson, I would be ecstatic.  But no one wants to get a real technique.  They just want it fast and now.

And that is because of the energy and effort that I put into the work that I do.  I only know how to do it one way, and that is balls to the wall energy.  And I get results.  I'd give their money back if I didn't.

Problem is, I care too much.  I put so much of mysel into what I do, and if they don't take it and grow with it, I take it personally.  I feel like I have failed.  What ticks me off especially is when they don't even practice.  They don't even try.  Then they think I don't notice...

Then there is the make up period when I return from a gig.  I get so slammed that I can't see straight.  And they get uppity at the state school, where, if they had to pay my hourly fee they'd wet their pants.  

Shucks, it could be worse.  I could be out of work or digging ditches or shoveling out stables.  That would stink...

No comments:

Post a Comment